Friday, March 1, 2013


The Inaugural Event

PreRamble


This is my first attempt at writing a blog.  I am not a professional writer, I have not taken creative writing classes, I do not have best.blogger.ever expectations.  I could say "have mercy on me", but I'm not going to. My blog is what it is. You will either stay to read with your own level of interest or you will roll your eyes and move on.  It's your choice, but be aware that if you leave my blog too soon, you might...

...miss the cutest cat picture of all time...

...or really deep thoughts about internet dating...

...or the greatest story anyone could ever tell about gluten-free pasta.
Exciting! Not to Miss!

About My Blahg, Blahg, Blahg


I chose the name of this blog because (1) I am Mary and (2) I intend to write about a motley assortment of "stuff" - cats, work, motorcycles, caring for aged parents, finding a good bottle of wine, having friends who always make you laugh, spending too much time on Facebook, eating healthy, exercise……or whatever else comes to mind.
I have self-diagnosed, age-related attention deficit disorder (bright, shiny thing!)...my mind and thoughts tend to wander - at times in really odd directions. I felt myself yearning to write (usually while I was driving) and wanting to find an outlet for my desire. After more than a year of good intentions to put my wandering thoughts in a blog (and telling my silly self doubts to shut up), I'm taking the big step.  I'm going to give this a shot.  There may be a weekly blog, a twice weekly blog, a monthly blog.  It will depend on my thoughts, time, and how many cute cat pictures I can find.  


My Lemon Pledge


  • There will not be a reoccurring theme to my blog (not counting the cat pictures).
  • I will provide an excessive amount of rambling and hodgepodge.
  • I will be open about personal victories and failures...maybe.
  • I will always be respectful and cheerful, unless I'm suffering from winter doldrums or I lack morning coffee (or any other reason of my choosing).
  • I will try my best to make my blogs interesting, thought-provoking, funny, or just plain silly stupid.
  • I will continue to dust and make lemon cookies.

What's to Come?   A melange.  Stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging Mary! Look forward to reading it! Love you, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Mary! So excited to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay xenogirl! So excited to be here!

    ReplyDelete