Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Swim!


Today I tried swimming laps, something I haven't attempted since I belonged to the Y many years ago.  I've been thinking about this for months, but the cold weather and my "chicken genes" always won over.  Until today.  My determination kicked in.

To make a possibly long story short, here's what I learned at the pool:

  • I looked like the lady in the picture at the end of each lap.
  • I was smart enough to wear goggles.
  • I was not smart enough to bring ear plugs.
  • Water gets in your ears without ear plugs.
  • When I backstroke, I list to the right.
  • I thought I was going to die after 5 lengths of the pool.
  • If I don't give up, I can swim 20 lengths of the pool.
  • Swimming laps requires hard work and lots of good breath.  (Kudos to those of you who make it a regular practice.)
  • I remembered to bring everything except a plastic bag for my wet suit.
  • Swimming makes me hungry.  Very hungry.
  • Swimming makes me tired.  Very tired.
  • I want to go back and do it again!

PS:  For those of you looking for a thought-provoking, somewhat serious blog, check back tommorrow.  I'm working on it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm late to the party but hey...I don't remember getting an invitation. LOL Good for you about the blog. I've got some reading to do so I better get started.

    ReplyDelete